Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Catching Up

It has been a while since I have updated so I thought that I would take the time to catch everyone up on what has been happening with me & Ben.

Daddy's Birthday
My dad's birthday was on Sept. 23 so that was a sad day for me & my family. It still doesn't seem real that he is gone. We had just put new flowers on his grave so we added birthday balloons.
Beach Trip
Me & Ben left on Wednesday 9/26 for Panama City Beach for a little vacation with Ben's parents. The ocean was beautiful - no waves & very warm but FULL of jellyfish. We couldn't stay in the water because there were so many of them so we just stayed at the pool. The first couple of days by the pool were good but then the lovebugs came - hundreds of them. The only way to avoid them was to stay in the pool so that is what we did for the next couple of days. I think Ben ate enough seafood to last him until next years trip! While we were in PCB the Thunder Beach Autumn Motorcycle Rally was going on across the road from Edgewater so we were able to walk over & see a bunch of cool bikes & vendors. We had a great time but had to come home on Sunday to be back at work on Monday.

Mother's Birthday
My mother's birthday was on Sunday, 9/30/07 so we stopped by her house on our way home from the beach. Our family took her to Big Al's on Tuesday night for dinner. We gave her our gifts & a birthday cake.
70th Wedding Anniversary
I would like to wish my PawPaw & MawMaw Maddox a Happy 70th Wedding Anniversary. We are having them a dinner at the Plantation in Winfield on Saturday night so I will try & post some pictures next week.

No comments: